By Mark Rodriguez
So finally Dead or Alive 6's first new character Minato is out! Like I said, I finally purchased the game since we have something new and it also happened to be on discount. I still wish this was still just an upgrade to the original game. As of now there is literally nothing different other than a few new costumes, Minato and that 'Oboro' effect on only one pre-existing stage.
So as her story goes, she's a friend of NiCo and is helping try out some new lenses called the R-MN-T device. This allows her to copy moves of the fighters she encounters. She combines this with her own dance moves.
Right off the bat I can see she has Lisa's break-dancing spin-kick and Kasumi's forward flip attack. There have been some complaints that if you count Honoka, and the OG Raidou, that's three characters that combine pre-existing moves in the same game. Plus after all the hoopla regarding this 'new' game, the fact the first actual brand new thing is a character that copies other people's moves isn't exactly putting Koei Tecmo's best foot forward. At least her dancing makes her stand out some.
Since my last update, NiCo got a Holiday costume bundle, Tamaki got a Phenomenon costume bundle, and Ayane got a Remaining Shadow bundle. Then Honoka got a Secret Sunflower bundle, Marie Rose got a Wicked Lil' Sunflower bundle and NiCo got a Lightning Sunflower bundle. Personally I would have continued on with other characters since Marie Rose and NiCo already got new costumes, but they really love to push these three characters. Afterwards, Nyotengu got a Enigmatic Tengu Princess bundle, Lei Fang got a Luminous Shadow bundle, which then brings us to Minato.
Minato can be bought on her own, or you can get her costume bundle. That bundle consists on her getting some of the older costumes from regular DOA6, namely the Pirate of the Seven Seas, Seaside Eden, Summer Breeze Collection, Sexy Bunny and Alluring Mandarin Dress costume bundle. I'll probably get that someday down the line.
To round up the month of September, Kokoro will be getting a new costume next week with Hitomi getting hers the week after. So far all of the costumes have been pretty take 'em or leave 'em in my opinion. The only one that I'd probably get is the Kasumi Combat Ready Ninja costume. As I mentioned in a previous article, despite the different names, the four costumes are the exact same in different colors. I guess I'll just pick my favorite and grab that one.
I do hope Hitomi's outfit is cool. I guess the question now is, how long before they announce the next new character or possibly a new stage?




Comments
Post a Comment
Leave your thoughts on this article!