By Mark Rodriguez
So I got quite a haul from Hipcomic, thanks to those live auctions. I was a bit nervous when one package came with 2 out of the 4 comics I ordered, but they came with another package. It was the same seller so maybe it was just way too comics to fit in one package. I found some cool stuff from the 90's. Let's take a look.
X-Force # 1- Cable leads the team of Shatterstar, Ferla, Boom-Boom and others. This was one was tough to find because there is a variant that comes with a free collectible card and sealed in plastic. Ironically I did NOT want to buy that one since I intend to actually read it someday which would involve breaking the plastic bag. I just can't do it, so I found the regular version.
X-Force # 2- Deadpool is in this one, but this might be the earlier 90's version before he became the 4th wall-breaking madman we know today.
X-Force # 3- The team takes on the Juggernaut. The hits keep on coming. And hey, is that Spider-Man?
X-Force # 4- Spider-Man helps the team as the action continues.
X-Force # 5- The Brotherhood returns including members like Toad, Pyro, The Blob... and Sauron??
Wolverine/Witchblade # 1- Here's a very cool crossover that caught my eye.
Action Comics # 742- My collection of the Electric Blue Superman era continues.
Superman Man of Steel # 68- Electric Blue Superman faces Metallo!
Legends of the Dark Knight # 16- Venom 1 of 5- A classic tale where Batman uses drugs (basically) to improve himself after he failed to save someone. It doesn't end end well.
Legends of the Dark Knight # 17- Venom 2 of 5- The story continues as the venom slowly makes Batman insane, or rather, more insane that normal
So this is the haul. It was actually two purchases but everything came in today (not counting X-Force 4 and 5 which came earlier). I'll see what I think of X-Force after the initial 5 issues. I used to own the Mexican versions of these with the X-Men Flipbooks from back in the day.
Man, I wish I still owned these, but not everything could go once we moved to Vegas. Blogger was around since 1999 and purchased by Google in 2003. Johnny and I had at-home internet at least back in 99, dial-up, Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, AOL, the whole bit. I wish I've heard of blogger back then, I really REALLY would have loved to have blogged about the X-Men, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four Flip-Books back in the day. That would have been awesome.
Anyways I want to get all the 4-5 issues that starts Superman initial powers going haywire before the electric transformation before I start blogging about them. Needless to say, I also intend to find the three remaining part of the Venom story. The Batman one, not the Eddie Brock one.


Comments
Post a Comment
Leave your thoughts on this article!