Skip to main content

Comic Book Stash 8/8/2026

 By Mark Rodriguez

This time around all the comics I ordered from Hipcomic arrived in two batches. I love those 99 cent live auctions. I can find some real goodies. There was only I kinda had to fight for but I got the rest of them for a dollar each. 

 

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine # 2, 3 and 6- I believe I already got issues 1, 4 and 5 from previous auctions thanks to Infinity Comics. Thanks to Mark's Comics, I now have all 6 issues!

 

A second round of comics hit the mail thanks to Hipcomic and their live auctions! 

Wolverine # 60- Shiva VS Sabertooth!! With Wolverine caught in the middle!

Wolverine # 61- The story continues with Shiva, Wolverine and Jubilee! 

Wolverine # 93- All I needed to see was Wolverine VS Juggernaut on the cover to snag this one!

X-Men '92 # 1- I knew I wasn't going crazy. Way before the X-Men 97 series and comic, someone at Marvel had their own 'what if the old 90's series continued' idea. Here's the first X-Men 90's revival before we got the 97 show. 

Superman/Batman # 24- Holy gender swaps! It looks like Batman and Superman turned into Batwoman and Superwoman? And Supergirl became Superboy? 

Superman # 123- Another issue with Lightning Blue Superman! 

We also stopped by Alpha Comics and Games and got some goodies. 


MegaMan X # 5- I realized somewhere down the line, I missed issue 3. I'll have to find it.

TMNT Journeys # 12- IDW's reprint of Mirage TMNT Volume 4. Vampires start popping up and they attack Raphael! 

Dr. Wily- World's Greatest Scientist # 1- A fun one-shot to stroke Dr. Wily's ego. Looks like it will be a fun read. 

Marvel Tokon First Strike # 1- Just in time for the release of the full game. We actually downloaded it while we were out shopping. Everyone seems to be enjoying Deadpool and all the fighting game references he's getting away with. 

And that was our mega-haul. One thing I noticed as I was organizing my collection was that some way, somehow I missed issue 4 of the Psylocke Ninja mini series. I'll have to check out Third Eye or Hipcomic to grab that copy and complete the series. I'll have to grab that MegaMan X issue I'm missing as well. 


 There are still a few more comics on their way through the mail, so we'll see ya then!

Comments

Most Popular Post As of Now

Arachna# 1 Review *Spoilers*

 By Mark Rodriguez Here's another awesome comic from independent artists that opened up an Indiegogo to get it started. I usually don't chip in unless it looks real good, like you just know they're gonna hit their goal. Arachna, a sexy superheroine with a split personality and an amazing art syle, sure looked like a good pick for me.  With lots of clever marketing in advance, even getting a person to dress as Arachna herself to bring the character to life, they hit their goal the same day they actually opened the Indiegogo for donations. I chipped in for the comic and the shirt, and here is my review on the latest superheroine that's bringing sexy back to comics, Arachna! Also note, while I'll try to keep my language as tame as I can, this book deals with way more adult stuff than I usually discuss on this blog. The Adventure Begins The issue opens with Jennie lying in bed naked in her apartment, a noticeable pile of sketches lying on the floor. She awakens to a voi...

Dragonball Super manga Volume 5 (Chapter 28)

 By Mark Rodriguez The crew resumes regular life after the events of the Goku Black arc. Goku is living his regular life and working as a farmer. Vegeta is training with Whis and learning to contain the Super Saiyan Blue within himself similar to what Goku did earlier. Bulma is now pregnant with her second child. Goku remembers the Universal Tournament that Zeno, the Lord of Everything, wanted to do someday. Despite the warnings of how dangerous and unpredictable Zeno Sama can be, Goku activates the button he was given and is warped away to see him. What will happen now? Chapter 28- The Gods of Destruction from all 12 Universes On Beerus' planet, the Oracle Fish asks where Goku went. Lord Whis tells him that he want to see Zeno Sama. Beerus says this is horrible and wonders who let Goku meet him to begin with. Whis reminds him that he showed up thanks to the tournament he held with his brother Champa. Beerus sees that it was his fault. On Zeno's planet, the two Zenos are playin...

SNK VS Capcom Chaos Volume 1

By Mark Rodriguez We'll be seeing a few crossovers this month, and we're gonna start with one based on a crossover videogame. If you think the Malibu SF comic series was kinda sloppy, this one was literally all action, pin ups and splash pages, and what little story in it is just plain weird. I'm talking about the SNK VS Capcom Chaos comics made by Happy Comics, translated by Japan and produced with supervision from both SNK Playmore and Capcom. But first a brief explanation on the game this was inspired from. In 2000, Capcom produced Capcom VS SNK Millenium Fight 2000 which would throw the fighters of Capcom and SNK at each other. Unfortunately, aside from Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown, the game felt more like Street Fighter VS King of Fighters. Capcom later made Capcom VS SNK 2 Mark of the Millenium with even more characters and variety as well as different modes of play. SNK made their own game, SNK VS Capcom Chaos and it offered a bit more...