Skip to main content

My December 2020 Shirt Haul

 By Mark Rodriguez

Here is possibly my last big shirt haul to wrap up the year. I think I have enough shirts to last me for a good while, lol, so I'll be stopping next year. I did indulge myself this month so you will see some shirts I bought myself alongside the usual sub-boxes. And given it's the holidays, who knows, I might get some shirts for Christmas.


Dec 8, 2020- Marvel Collector Corps Infinity Saga End Credits- Shawarma Time


So this time the theme was revolving around those beloved MCU ending credit scenes. It came with a Funko Pop of Captain America doing his PSA as seen at the end of Spider-Man Homecoming, and one of Nick Fury trying to contact Captain Marvel seconds before he gets Snapped away like at the end of Infinity War. The shirt has the OG MCU Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, Bruce Banner, Black Widow and Hawkeye enjoying some shawarma after fighting off an alien invasion at the end of the first Avengers movie. 

It's a cool shirt and takes me back to when these guys first teamed up. I'm just disappointed there wasn't a shirt or Funko Pop or anything representing the best end credit of them all, Nick Fury telling Tony Stark about the 'Avengers Initiative' at the end of Iron Man. You know, I have yet to try shawarma. 

Go to Amazon to subscribe to the Marvel Collector Corps box, it comes out every 2 months.

Dec 9, 2020- Hot Topic- Dragonball Super Broly movie shirt



I found this awesome shirt on this awesome movie that is still somehow cranking out cool shirt designs 2 years later. Here we get a collage of Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Chirai and Lemo, Lord Beerus and Whis, Golden Freeza and of course, Broly himself. Hmm I guess the only one missing there was Paragus. Still an awesome shirt anyway.

Dec 9, 2020- Hot Topic- Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta shirt


While the original Broly appeared at a time before DBZ would come up with Fusions, the new version came out after all of Dragonball Z and Super. Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta is bad-ass and he got a much longer fight scene this time around than Gogeta's first outing. I swear the animation during the battle between Gogeta and Broly is insane, but so awesome. I only question how Gogeta seemed so willing to actually finish off Broly with that huge blast before Chirai could wish him out of the way.

Anyways, the shirt if bad-ass cause it got a bad-ass character on it. Loving it.

Dec 10, 2020, Pro Wrestling Tees hoodie


Since I counted the Black Widow hoodie, I might as well count this one too. I already own a few Pro Wrestling Tees hoodie, but they're all solid ones, and I like hoodies with zippers which are easier to take on and take off in a pinch. So this one had an awesome design, good price (most PWT brand items have lower prices) and most of all, it zips up and down, LOL

Here's another pic of me wearing it and showing off the AEW Christmas ornament with the same order. I didn't know these were only in limited supply because they were sold out by the time I tried to buy one for Johnny.



Dec. 17, 2020- Pro Wrestling Crate shirts

As usual I got two awesome shirts from Pro Wrestling Crate, let's check them out.

Ultimate Warrior 'Always Believe' shirt


This time I got an awesome shirt on the always energetic Ultimate Warrior. I like the spraypaint-ish design and it's just pretty cool overall. 

Bully Ray '5051 Hardcore' shirt


So I'm guessing this was the Bully Ray item we would have gotten in the last crate that was replaced by an awesome Chris Jericho shirt. Not a fan of Bully Ray per say but I have to admit this is one hell of a sweet shirt. Now you're wearing the right shirt if you ever run into him and he tells you how to be a fan. 

Go to https://www.prowrestlingcrate.com/ to get you own monthly box with 2 exclusive shirts per box.

Dec 18, 2020- Geek Fuel Box shirt- Toys R US



I don't know how they did it... but they did it.... The guys at Geek Fuel somehow got one of those Toys R Us kids shirts with the 'I don't wanna grow up' jingle the old commercials used to have. Geek Fuel Box has really been knocking it out of the park in terms of nostalgic items, and this one has a special place in my heart cause I've always wanted  one of these shirts but could never get one as a kid. 

Go to https://geekfuel.com/ to get your monthly Geek Fuel Box with nostalgia goodies!

My Opinions-

Wow, I got some amazing shirts this time, it's really very difficult to come up with a favorite. I guess I can say my absolute favorites are the Toys R Us shirt for sentimental reasons, the Dragonball Super shirts and the ProWrestlingTees hoodie cause it's practical and I love their merch. I really got some cool ones this time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragonball- It's time to go beyond Z or end it

 By Mark Rodriguez So while the Dragonball Super anime has ended for a few years now, and the Dragonball Super Broly movie is over a year old as well, the Dragonball Super manga has actually continued past the Tournament of Power and  Super Broly movie. As this new arc, nicknamed the Moro Arc after its main villain is coming to a close, the question is where do they do from here? Also before you get into this article, I really hope you know your DBZ because there are just waaaaaay too many characters to take the time out to explain who everyone is one by one. Dragonball and Dragonball Z is one of the longest running anime and manga series since the 80's and while it seemed it was put to pasture after Dragonball GT ended in 1997, the only thing left was for the American dubs to catch up. Despite this the love and nostalgia for the series lived on with videogames and the occasional special here and there that would bring back the characters (like the Yo, Son Goku and his Friends Retu

Arachna# 1 Review *Spoilers*

 By Mark Rodriguez Here's another awesome comic from independent artists that opened up an Indiegogo to get it started. I usually don't chip in unless it looks real good, like you just know they're gonna hit their goal. Arachna, a sexy superheroine with a split personality and an amazing art syle, sure looked like a good pick for me.  With lots of clever marketing in advance, even getting a person to dress as Arachna herself to bring the character to life, they hit their goal the same day they actually opened the Indiegogo for donations. I chipped in for the comic and the shirt, and here is my review on the latest superheroine that's bringing sexy back to comics, Arachna! Also note, while I'll try to keep my language as tame as I can, this book deals with way more adult stuff than I usually discuss on this blog. The Adventure Begins The issue opens with Jennie lying in bed naked in her apartment, a noticeable pile of sketches lying on the floor. She awakens to a voi

Batman/TMNT Adventures # 2

 By Mark Rodriguez Batman was on the hunt for Two-Face who told him he went to another world. The Turtles discover Kraang portals and run into Clayface. As Batman discovers that Two-Face was telling the truth, the Joker and Harley find themselves in New York facing off against the Foot! This issue opens one week early as Harley is being brought into Arkham by security along a soapy floor. Harley 'slips' and takes advantage of this to take out the guards. She sets the Joker free and hands over his trademark outfit while she slips into her own. Joker complains that this break out was boring and lacks the flair he's used to. They both then see the shining Kraang portals. Joker gets and idea and drags the guards around to form a smile (with the portals being eyes) as they make their escape.  The Joker explains this to Shredder as he and Harley makes fun of his name. Shredder already lost his patience and he tells Bebop and Rocksteady to get rid of them. Joker offers to show the