Skip to main content

Comic Book Haul 10/08/2026

 By Mark Rodriguez

This time around Johnny joined us as we grabbed some comics from both Third Eye and Alpha Comics. We found some very interesting comics this time around. I also got the first issue of that Masters of the Universe comic I missed out on. There's also a cool crossover comic on the horizon.

 

The biggest haul was over at Third Eye Comics. Johnny took some time to check out the place. Sadly the entire manga section is still missing.

Masters of the Universe Legends of Eternia # 1- As luck has it, by the time I found out this series existed, we were on number two. Luckily I was able to back-order it from Third Eye and here it is.

Batman # 14- The Bad Seeds story continues as we enter week two. I hope the story makes sense if I just collect the Batman issues. Seems Mr. Freeze is involved. Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze. Why does that sound familiar?

Batgirl # 24- It seems Batgirl will also get involved with the Bad Seeds storyline. It's not too often that she deals with the regular Gotham foes.

Batman # 423 (Facsimile Edition)- Reprint of the classic issue with the Jim Lee cover. Very hard (and expensive) to find nowadays. I know cause I tried. Now I own a copy, even though it's a 2026 reprint.

Venom # 262- The Queen of Black story concludes as Mary Jane finally parts ways with Venom. The Symbiote will reunite with Eddie Brock as we get a relaunch next issue!

The Crow- Flesh & Blood # 1- Sometimes wronged people are brought back to life to get bloody vengeance upon their murderers. A new Crow has arrived and she is pissed.

G.I Joe/Tomb Raider # 1- Lara Croft is back with a new crossover. Apparently she's friends with Shipwreck, so she calls on the Joes for some help against Destro and the Baroness and their evil plans. This one just came out of nowhere.

 

We also headed towards Alpha Comics while doing some sightseeing. Wendy was sure to grab the upcoming Gambit comic. 

TMNT The HUNger- A prelude to the upcoming 'The City that Never Dies' story. Hun returns to the living, and we also see what Slash and Ninjara are up to after the events of the Battle Nexus. 

Gambit Wanted # 3- Gambit's story continues and Wendy was sure to pick this one up. 

The Amazing Venom # 1-  A new guy gets a Symbiote and deals with all the madness that comes with it. This includes the recent war between Hela and Knull.

So we got some interesting pics. I found out there's another crossover on the horizon... Vampirella and Darkstalkers. That one is coming in November and seems to be published by... whichever company owns and handles Vampirella, rather than Udon. We'll see how that goes!

 

Comments

Most Popular Post As of Now

Arachna# 1 Review *Spoilers*

 By Mark Rodriguez Here's another awesome comic from independent artists that opened up an Indiegogo to get it started. I usually don't chip in unless it looks real good, like you just know they're gonna hit their goal. Arachna, a sexy superheroine with a split personality and an amazing art syle, sure looked like a good pick for me.  With lots of clever marketing in advance, even getting a person to dress as Arachna herself to bring the character to life, they hit their goal the same day they actually opened the Indiegogo for donations. I chipped in for the comic and the shirt, and here is my review on the latest superheroine that's bringing sexy back to comics, Arachna! Also note, while I'll try to keep my language as tame as I can, this book deals with way more adult stuff than I usually discuss on this blog. The Adventure Begins The issue opens with Jennie lying in bed naked in her apartment, a noticeable pile of sketches lying on the floor. She awakens to a voi...

Dragonball Super manga Volume 5 (Chapter 28)

 By Mark Rodriguez The crew resumes regular life after the events of the Goku Black arc. Goku is living his regular life and working as a farmer. Vegeta is training with Whis and learning to contain the Super Saiyan Blue within himself similar to what Goku did earlier. Bulma is now pregnant with her second child. Goku remembers the Universal Tournament that Zeno, the Lord of Everything, wanted to do someday. Despite the warnings of how dangerous and unpredictable Zeno Sama can be, Goku activates the button he was given and is warped away to see him. What will happen now? Chapter 28- The Gods of Destruction from all 12 Universes On Beerus' planet, the Oracle Fish asks where Goku went. Lord Whis tells him that he want to see Zeno Sama. Beerus says this is horrible and wonders who let Goku meet him to begin with. Whis reminds him that he showed up thanks to the tournament he held with his brother Champa. Beerus sees that it was his fault. On Zeno's planet, the two Zenos are playin...

SNK VS Capcom Chaos Volume 1

By Mark Rodriguez We'll be seeing a few crossovers this month, and we're gonna start with one based on a crossover videogame. If you think the Malibu SF comic series was kinda sloppy, this one was literally all action, pin ups and splash pages, and what little story in it is just plain weird. I'm talking about the SNK VS Capcom Chaos comics made by Happy Comics, translated by Japan and produced with supervision from both SNK Playmore and Capcom. But first a brief explanation on the game this was inspired from. In 2000, Capcom produced Capcom VS SNK Millenium Fight 2000 which would throw the fighters of Capcom and SNK at each other. Unfortunately, aside from Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown, the game felt more like Street Fighter VS King of Fighters. Capcom later made Capcom VS SNK 2 Mark of the Millenium with even more characters and variety as well as different modes of play. SNK made their own game, SNK VS Capcom Chaos and it offered a bit more...