Skip to main content

Comic Book Stash 7/25/2026

By Mark Rodriguez

I went to Third Eye for our weekly picks and this time some comics even grabbed Wendy's interest. It seems the comic shop is taking longer than expected to renovate. It looks no different than it did since the last time we visited. I also got two cool comics in the mail courtesy of Hipcomics and Mark's Comics. 

 

TMNT 300th Issue Special- We got two copies, the regular one and a special variant in a polybag that we will probably never open. We have doubts on the '300 issues' thing because even with all the specials and the reboot... the IDW series hasn't hit 300.

Street Fighter Swimsuit Special 2026-
Um, sure why not?

Captain Marvel Dark Past # 4-
Captain Marvel continues to dig up her past as a previous mission from her Miss Marvel days returns to haunt her. 

Gambit Wanted # 1- Gambit got a solo story. Wendy is a big Gambit fan. Instant buy.  

Aladdin # 1- I guess Dynamite Comics decided to make a series based on the popular movies. Wendy just had to pick it up.

The Uncnanny X-Men # 225- Back in the days the comics still cost 75 cents. I see the X-Men, which includes Dazzler, going up against the Brotherhood which I see also includes Spiral. This is wild, so I had to pick it up.

Venom Lethal Protector # 4- Venom unwittingly teams up with Spider-Man as they face a dangerous female symbiote. I'm collecting the full story and have issue 6 on its way. 

We'll see what is happening with Third Eye as they continue to renovate. I have fallen behind on comics in terms of reading. I am doing well in collecting older stories and completing collections.

Comments

Most Popular Post As of Now

Arachna# 1 Review *Spoilers*

 By Mark Rodriguez Here's another awesome comic from independent artists that opened up an Indiegogo to get it started. I usually don't chip in unless it looks real good, like you just know they're gonna hit their goal. Arachna, a sexy superheroine with a split personality and an amazing art syle, sure looked like a good pick for me.  With lots of clever marketing in advance, even getting a person to dress as Arachna herself to bring the character to life, they hit their goal the same day they actually opened the Indiegogo for donations. I chipped in for the comic and the shirt, and here is my review on the latest superheroine that's bringing sexy back to comics, Arachna! Also note, while I'll try to keep my language as tame as I can, this book deals with way more adult stuff than I usually discuss on this blog. The Adventure Begins The issue opens with Jennie lying in bed naked in her apartment, a noticeable pile of sketches lying on the floor. She awakens to a voi...

Dragonball Super manga Volume 5 (Chapter 28)

 By Mark Rodriguez The crew resumes regular life after the events of the Goku Black arc. Goku is living his regular life and working as a farmer. Vegeta is training with Whis and learning to contain the Super Saiyan Blue within himself similar to what Goku did earlier. Bulma is now pregnant with her second child. Goku remembers the Universal Tournament that Zeno, the Lord of Everything, wanted to do someday. Despite the warnings of how dangerous and unpredictable Zeno Sama can be, Goku activates the button he was given and is warped away to see him. What will happen now? Chapter 28- The Gods of Destruction from all 12 Universes On Beerus' planet, the Oracle Fish asks where Goku went. Lord Whis tells him that he want to see Zeno Sama. Beerus says this is horrible and wonders who let Goku meet him to begin with. Whis reminds him that he showed up thanks to the tournament he held with his brother Champa. Beerus sees that it was his fault. On Zeno's planet, the two Zenos are playin...

SNK VS Capcom Chaos Volume 1

By Mark Rodriguez We'll be seeing a few crossovers this month, and we're gonna start with one based on a crossover videogame. If you think the Malibu SF comic series was kinda sloppy, this one was literally all action, pin ups and splash pages, and what little story in it is just plain weird. I'm talking about the SNK VS Capcom Chaos comics made by Happy Comics, translated by Japan and produced with supervision from both SNK Playmore and Capcom. But first a brief explanation on the game this was inspired from. In 2000, Capcom produced Capcom VS SNK Millenium Fight 2000 which would throw the fighters of Capcom and SNK at each other. Unfortunately, aside from Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown, the game felt more like Street Fighter VS King of Fighters. Capcom later made Capcom VS SNK 2 Mark of the Millenium with even more characters and variety as well as different modes of play. SNK made their own game, SNK VS Capcom Chaos and it offered a bit more...