Skip to main content

My September 2020 Shirt Haul

By Mark Rodriguez

If it's one thing that's come from quarantine and working from home due to the current pandemic, is having extra cash lying around. Money that would have been spent on transportation to and from work, as well as grabbing spare snacks here and there or grabbing a quick bite at some restaurant near work is now spare revenue. While a bit goes into savings, I've been spending a bit on shirts and Door Dash. So while I have stopped ordering 3-4 shirts in a single outing from ProWrestlingTees, I do still get a couple from the ProWrestlingCrate, Geek Fuel Box and elsewhere. So I decided to show off what shirts I've been getting every month, and hopefully the number goes down month by month, lol. Let's start with September. 

Sept 3rd- Wyld Stallyns shirt (Geek Fuel Box)


I got this awesome shirt from the Geek Fuel Box, which recently shifted . This month's theme was centered around the 80's so I got other cool things like a Ninja Turtles action figure and Teen Wolf pins, like Teen Wolf dude! I totally love this shirt, the colors are rad and the image covers a huge portion of the shirt, which is always a plus. It's also such perfect timing since Bill and Ted Face the Music was also released recently. My bro and I checked it out via FandangoNOW and we loved it. 

This shirt came in the August edition of the Geek Fuel Box (though I got it in the mail in September so I'm still counting it here), and is exclusive to this box. Like most subscription boxes, 

September 9- Orochi Leona shirt- (Kiki's Tees)

A friend of mine decided to sign up with TeeSpring and sell his artwork. I've known the guy for years and actually worked alongside him  a while back, so I already knew he an artist. However since he is starting out, it's tough getting your name out there, and he doesn't want to draw a bunch of extra stuff is nobody is actually going to buy it. So I suggested he draw Orochi Leona from the King of Fighters series as long as my bro and I promised to buy it. And here we are. The shirt came in 3 colors and I choose the white variant cause I think it makes the colors really pop.


Orochi Leona is basically Leona losing control to her hidden Orochi side that makes her an animalistic killer blinded by bloodlust. It's one of the major reasons Leona keeps her emotions in check, she's afraid of ever losing control. While she first appeared in KOF 96, her Orochi form made it's debut in KOF 97 and would sometimes cameo in some of her ultimate attacks in later games. 


My bro got the dark grey version. This design is available at Kiki's Tees over at TeeSpring. This shirt is also available as a pullover hoodie.

September 19- WWE Sasha 2 Belts and Bayley Dos Straps

I haven't kept track of WWE lately, but enough pics on my social media have told me there was a time that Sasha Banks and Bayley actually owned all the Women Gold at the same time. Not only were they Women Tag Team Champs, but Sasha was also the RAW Women's Champ and Bayley was the Smackdown Women's Champ. The shirt was on sale, and naturally by the time I got it in the mail, they lost some of the belts, but I love seeing Sasha as a champ and having it actually last longer than a weekend.



I loved the black and white effect where only the belts are in the color. There were also solo shirts of Sasha 2 Belts and Bayley Dos Straps, but they were already gone at the time of the sale. I would have gotten the Sasha one at least. At least I got this one and it's pretty cool. Like I said a few times before, I always prefer shirts that actually show the wrestlers or cool art rather than just their catch phrase or something. Naturally I got this shirt at the WWE Shop over at WWE.com.  

September 23- Pro Wrestling Crate shirts-

As you may know, the ProWrestlingCrate comes with 2 exclusive shirts every month (if you get the full box), and this month's theme was Staff Picks', personal faves of the guys behind the boxes. These shirts are exclusives to the subscription box, go to www.prowrestlingcrate.com to subscribe and get your own. 

Hot Rod- Rowdy Roddy Piper shirt


OMG just check out this awesome design. I might not have been the biggest fan of Roddy Piper, like I was a fan, just not a HUGE fan, but wow this shirt sure pops. I love it. A superstar gone way too soon, naturally any associated proceeds go to his family. I got to bask in his presence at one of the SteelCityCons, but Chuck actually got to get his autograph and picture taken with him. 

Freshly Squeezed- Orange Cassidy Shirt


Good ol' Orange Cassidy, a lazy wrestler that does whatever, whenever, unless you piss him off and the shades come off. This is a cool white shirt with a literal orange-headed version of the guy. My friends and I are still remembering his recent Mimosa Mayhem Match against Chris Jericho at the last AEW PPV, All Out. Simple and cute lil shirt. 

September 28- Hot Topic- Black Widow shirt

Even though I had purchased 3 different Black Widow shirts from Hot Topic before, I guess they made a new one, or I missed one.


This is a pretty sweet shirt and the Black Widow artwork covers a pretty decent portion, going down almost to what would the waist section of the shirt (If you wear your shirt out and not tucked in). I'm wondering is this will be used in the movie poster. Seems the movie was supposed to come out in November but it might have been pushed back to next year. The sad thing was, Black Widow was gonna be the next big movie I was gonna see with the gang before the current pandemic hit. 


So overall, pretty cool shirts. I loved the Geek Fuel shirt, like I said, it's such perfect timing. The ProWrestlingTees shirts were both awesome, and everything else of course I bought cause I liked them. I'll come back to show off next month's shirt, considering that Hot Topic just dumped a bunch of Hot Cash on my lap and I kinda went nuts. Next month is gonna be packed.

One thing I did want to mention was that I almost had an extra shirt this month, but it was sold out. ProWrestlingTees had some overstock on the Chris Jericho cruise shirts and I guess I took too long to get one. Despite buying one, I was informed that it was sold out, but these guys are awesome so I was refunded without issue. 


Oh well, hopefully I'll be faster on the draw next time. But man, these are shirts that you could normally only get if you get onto the Jericho Cruise which goes around the ball park of a thousand dollars... for starters. I would have loved to have gotten this shirt, but that's how it goes.



Also, check out this cool Kiki's Tees commercial that we made to show off the cool shirts, including this month's Leona shirt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragonball- It's time to go beyond Z or end it

 By Mark Rodriguez So while the Dragonball Super anime has ended for a few years now, and the Dragonball Super Broly movie is over a year old as well, the Dragonball Super manga has actually continued past the Tournament of Power and  Super Broly movie. As this new arc, nicknamed the Moro Arc after its main villain is coming to a close, the question is where do they do from here? Also before you get into this article, I really hope you know your DBZ because there are just waaaaaay too many characters to take the time out to explain who everyone is one by one. Dragonball and Dragonball Z is one of the longest running anime and manga series since the 80's and while it seemed it was put to pasture after Dragonball GT ended in 1997, the only thing left was for the American dubs to catch up. Despite this the love and nostalgia for the series lived on with videogames and the occasional special here and there that would bring back the characters (like the Yo, Son Goku and his Friends Retu

Arachna# 1 Review *Spoilers*

 By Mark Rodriguez Here's another awesome comic from independent artists that opened up an Indiegogo to get it started. I usually don't chip in unless it looks real good, like you just know they're gonna hit their goal. Arachna, a sexy superheroine with a split personality and an amazing art syle, sure looked like a good pick for me.  With lots of clever marketing in advance, even getting a person to dress as Arachna herself to bring the character to life, they hit their goal the same day they actually opened the Indiegogo for donations. I chipped in for the comic and the shirt, and here is my review on the latest superheroine that's bringing sexy back to comics, Arachna! Also note, while I'll try to keep my language as tame as I can, this book deals with way more adult stuff than I usually discuss on this blog. The Adventure Begins The issue opens with Jennie lying in bed naked in her apartment, a noticeable pile of sketches lying on the floor. She awakens to a voi

Batman/TMNT Adventures # 2

 By Mark Rodriguez Batman was on the hunt for Two-Face who told him he went to another world. The Turtles discover Kraang portals and run into Clayface. As Batman discovers that Two-Face was telling the truth, the Joker and Harley find themselves in New York facing off against the Foot! This issue opens one week early as Harley is being brought into Arkham by security along a soapy floor. Harley 'slips' and takes advantage of this to take out the guards. She sets the Joker free and hands over his trademark outfit while she slips into her own. Joker complains that this break out was boring and lacks the flair he's used to. They both then see the shining Kraang portals. Joker gets and idea and drags the guards around to form a smile (with the portals being eyes) as they make their escape.  The Joker explains this to Shredder as he and Harley makes fun of his name. Shredder already lost his patience and he tells Bebop and Rocksteady to get rid of them. Joker offers to show the