Skip to main content

My October 2020 Shirt Haul

 By Mark Rodriguez

So this month is gonna be pretty busy in the shirt department. I got a bunch of shirts due to lots of Hot Cash that I got from Hot Topic, and that's not counting what I would normally get from Geek Fuel Box and the ProWrestlingCrate. But hey, it's my birthday month so I might as well indulge myself a little. I'm probably the last person to be trusted with a Hot Topic credit card, but there we go.

Venom Logo shirt- Hot Topic- October 5, 2020




I ordered several things from Hot Topic with a few days, and the first thing of them all that I got in the mail was this cool Venom logo shirt. Hey, it was at a discounted rate and on top of that I got the Hot Cash, so why not? 

Atari Logo Shirt- Geek Fuel Box- October 9, 2020



Pretty awesome shirt. Love the Atari logo, cause say what you will... it's a pretty cool logo. I'm glad I got this shirt cause I got my Geek Fuel Box a day later than usual. I say this because it was sent to the wrong address or something, and then finally sent to my house the following day. Anyways, love the shirt. 

Pac-Man shirt- March or April LootAnime- October 10, 2020


Alright so technically speaking, this LootAnime was from several months back from before the pandemic, but I didn't open the box until today, so technically speaking, I didn't get the shirt until today. So this is a simple, yet cool Pac-Man shirt, though it's kinda funny it came in a LootAnime box rather than LootGaming. While Pac-Man was created in Japan, he's kind of the last thing I think about when I think about anime. It's pretty cool.

To get LootCrate, LootAnime and everything Loot-related go to lootcrate.com to get five bucks off with my referral link.

Black Widow Hoodie- March or April LootCrate DX- October 10, 2020


This was pretty awesome because rather than a shirt, this is all-out hoodie. It's very nice and comfy. While at first I was confused as to why a Black Widow item... I sadly remembered that the LootCrate DX was released at a time where the Black Widow movie still had an April release. The movie is still currently being delayed and it feels like every time we hear more news, it's only to hear about it's being pushed further and further out.


Other than the cool Black Widow design on the front, one of the sleeves has 'Black Widow' written across it which gives it a sense of extra style. I decided to take a quick picture wearing it to better capture the Black Widow words written across my sleeve. 

Avengers End Game- Hot Topic- October 11, 2020


Here's an artistic version of the original 6 MCU Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow and the Hulk, as they prepare to face Thanos. It's a cool throwback to the original 6 but with their modern integrations. Since Infinity War/End Game has come and gone by now, the shirt was actually at a discount so I went for it too.

AEW Cody American Nightmare- Hot Topic- October 11, 2020

 

Here's a cool shirt featuring Cody, the American Nightmare and as of this article's date, the TNT Champion in AEW. AEW has had a deal with Hot Topic with certain shirts, and the Hot Cash did count towards this, so I didn't hesitate to grab it. I think this is the second time I've ever bought a Cody-related shirt from Hot Topic instead of from ProWrestlingTees directly. But yeah, I love the design, a clever way to mix Cody's logo with his dog, Pharaoh.

All Might One for All- Hot Topic- October 11, 2020


Here's a totally bad-ass All Might shirt, from My Hero Academia. I still need to binge-watch that show. I watched most of the first season and a few of the second, but I need to crank up CrunchyRoll someday and just watch it all so far. 


This is also a two-sided shirt, so I was surprised to see the following letters on the back of it. I love two-sided shirts, it makes this even more worth the purchase. I must have not paid attention when I purchased it because I was surprised when I saw it. 

ProWrestlingCrate- Darby Allin shirt- October 21, 2020

So this month's box was based on wrestlers with face paints or masks, which is perfect for Halloween. The most noticeable item is the Glacier mask.... that was too small to fit anyone. Like it's so small it might not fit on Johnny or possibly even Averis. That was a bit of a disappointment. Luckily the shirts were awesome. Here's a shirt based on Darby Allin.


I absolutely love this shirt and I like it goes onto one half, which matches Darby's half-face face paint. It's one of the coolest Darby shirts I've ever seen so far. 

ProWrestlingCrate- Legion of Doom shirt- October 21, 2020

WHAT A RUSH! This is an awesome shirt which came at a good time to commemorate the recent passing of Animal from the Road Warriors AKA The Legion of Doom. They were one of my favorite tag teams from back in the day and I dug the spiked shoulder pads. Like you knew Hawk and Animal were walking down the ramp ready to wreck their opponents. 


Love the logo, their catchphrase and the brick lining behind it. Plus, as I might as mentioned before, so many wrestling shirts are black by default that this one stands out for being this faded red/pink color. It's an awesome shirt and I'm happy with it. These shirts are only obtainable by being subscribed to the ProWrestlingCrate subscription box, so be sure to check them out at prowrestlingcrate.com. 

Geek Fuel Box- Beetlejuice Shirt- October 24, 2020

To my surprise, Geek Fuel Box actually shipped early and not only that, it didn't have any problems getting to my house this time. With a retro Halloween theme, it made sense to include the Ghost with the Most. 


This is a pretty cool shirt, has a bit of a lovecraftian vibe to it. You got the giant sandworm, the whacked out Deetz house and even Beetlejuice's grave. To top if off, the shirt came in a box designed to look like the 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased'. Pretty awesome shirt! It's show time!!!

Street Fighter shirt- Walmart

So this one was completely random. My friend Chuck was at Walmart earlier that day and grabbed this shirt and told me about it. I was also at Walmart earlier that day but was too busy checking out the new He-Man Retro-Play action figures than checking out shirts.


We were lucky enough to go the Walmart later that day and I was able to find the shirt thanks to Chuck. I have to say it's a pretty sweet shirt of Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Guile. I don't quite recognize this art, so it looks all new to me. I'm not 100% sure if it's Udon art or not but it's pretty awesome. It's been a while since I bought a shirt at Walmart. I assume it'll be available at your local Walmart, at least for the time being.

My Favorite Shirts-

This is quite a haul that I won't be able to match for some time. Overall I think my favorite shirts are the Atari shirt, the Street Fighter shirt and the Legion of Doom Shirt. While more than just a regular shirt, I also love my new Black Widow hoodie. Now that it's starting to get colder, it's really starting to come in handy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragonball- It's time to go beyond Z or end it

 By Mark Rodriguez So while the Dragonball Super anime has ended for a few years now, and the Dragonball Super Broly movie is over a year old as well, the Dragonball Super manga has actually continued past the Tournament of Power and  Super Broly movie. As this new arc, nicknamed the Moro Arc after its main villain is coming to a close, the question is where do they do from here? Also before you get into this article, I really hope you know your DBZ because there are just waaaaaay too many characters to take the time out to explain who everyone is one by one. Dragonball and Dragonball Z is one of the longest running anime and manga series since the 80's and while it seemed it was put to pasture after Dragonball GT ended in 1997, the only thing left was for the American dubs to catch up. Despite this the love and nostalgia for the series lived on with videogames and the occasional special here and there that would bring back the characters (like the Yo, Son Goku and his Friends Retu

Arachna# 1 Review *Spoilers*

 By Mark Rodriguez Here's another awesome comic from independent artists that opened up an Indiegogo to get it started. I usually don't chip in unless it looks real good, like you just know they're gonna hit their goal. Arachna, a sexy superheroine with a split personality and an amazing art syle, sure looked like a good pick for me.  With lots of clever marketing in advance, even getting a person to dress as Arachna herself to bring the character to life, they hit their goal the same day they actually opened the Indiegogo for donations. I chipped in for the comic and the shirt, and here is my review on the latest superheroine that's bringing sexy back to comics, Arachna! Also note, while I'll try to keep my language as tame as I can, this book deals with way more adult stuff than I usually discuss on this blog. The Adventure Begins The issue opens with Jennie lying in bed naked in her apartment, a noticeable pile of sketches lying on the floor. She awakens to a voi

Batman/TMNT Adventures # 2

 By Mark Rodriguez Batman was on the hunt for Two-Face who told him he went to another world. The Turtles discover Kraang portals and run into Clayface. As Batman discovers that Two-Face was telling the truth, the Joker and Harley find themselves in New York facing off against the Foot! This issue opens one week early as Harley is being brought into Arkham by security along a soapy floor. Harley 'slips' and takes advantage of this to take out the guards. She sets the Joker free and hands over his trademark outfit while she slips into her own. Joker complains that this break out was boring and lacks the flair he's used to. They both then see the shining Kraang portals. Joker gets and idea and drags the guards around to form a smile (with the portals being eyes) as they make their escape.  The Joker explains this to Shredder as he and Harley makes fun of his name. Shredder already lost his patience and he tells Bebop and Rocksteady to get rid of them. Joker offers to show the